Sinusitis Weliplex 50 Ml - Sinus Infection ReliefSinus infections or sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinuses. Sinuses are the hollow openings or cavities in the bones of the skull around the nose. Sinusitis is the swelling of these sinuses because of some allergic or immune reaction. This swelling causes air to be trapped inside the sinuses along with other secretions like mucus, putting pressure on the sinus walls. This pressure produces pain and a lot of discomfort, often referred to as a sinus attack.
Sinus infection is a very common allergy that affects million of people throughout the world every year. Millions of dollars are spent for sinus medications and sinus research. Sinus infections may be because of some viral or fungal infections. In such cases, treatment should be provided for curing those infections. Even though a complete cure may take some time, there are many things that can be done to provide relief to the patient. There are many home remedies that provide a lot of relief: These remedies include inhaling steam, using saline nasal spray, applying gentle heat over the inflamed area, lying down in a darkened room, using a decoction of mustard seeds and water instilled in the nostrils, drinking juice of ripe grapes, eating jalapeno pepper, inhaling peppermint steam, applying a paste of cinnamon and water or dry ginger and water, and so on.
- There are also over-the-counter pain killers and decongestants that may provide a lot of relief.
- Decongestants may be in the form of tablets or sprays.
- However, prolonged use of these medications is not recommended.
- It is better to consult a specialist if the infection does not lessen.
- Severe sinus infections that persist for a long period of time may lead to formation of nasal polyps.
- A lot of relief can also be provided by surgically removing these polyps or correcting a deviated septum.
- These surgeries would open the airway in the nose and provide significant relief.
- Surgeries like the endoscopic sinus surgery are another way to provide sinus infection relief.