Sinusitis Epidemiology - Sweeten the Sinuses to Cure SinusitisTo some the phrase,' sweeten the sinus to cure sinusitis', may sound like a clich'. But seriously grandma's cough medicine also has the capacity to treat sinusitis. Honey has been used for medications and treatments since ancient times. Apart from its taste, it is because of its medicinal properties and healing power that bees safeguard it and bears love them. A spoon of honey will soothe your throat from sore throughout the winter season. '
Though honey has been using in homeopathic medicines to treat wounds, this recent study may hold clinical implications for the treatment of sinusitis. The researches are looking forward to conducting the experiments on animal before finally testing on humans. The findings have shown that honey can be used in the management of the chronic infections that are difficult to treat. However, the dilemma how honey would be used clinically still continues to linger.
As Noted by DrJoseph G. Marsan, honey has been used as an anti microbial dressing for infected wounds in traditional medicine. In the study it was found that ordinary honey has the capability to kill bacteria that causes sinusitis much better than an antibiotic. The study further revealed that certain honeys are very effective for getting rid of the biofilm. The presence of anti microbial properties is much superior to those anti microbial used in antibiotics.
- Recent researches have shown that honey is a good source of treating sinusitis especially chronic rhinosinusitis.
- The medicinal properties in honey have the capability to kill all sorts of bacteria especially the drug resistant biofilm.
- The biofilm is a coating, which protects the bacteria; and has been responsible for almost all the chronic infections.
- The study was conducted to determine the affectivity of honey to these biofilms.
- The first impression is the best impression.
- We have written this article on Cure Sinusitis in such a way that the first impression you get will definitely make you want to read more about it!