Sinusitis Espanol - How to Relieve Sinus PressureSwollen, inflamed sinuses are, to put it mildly, very uncomfortable. Sinuses get infected and inflamed through various means. Sinusitis is caused by allergies to something in the air we breath or even to the food we eat. Finding out what is causing the infection is the province of ear, nose, and throat specialists. Sometimes weather is a factor. How to effectively get relief is the subject of this article.
- One of the things to do is to go on a minimal liquid diet or a water fast to see if the infection is caused by something in the diet.
- If you get relief then you know it is something that you are ingesting.
- Slowly resume your normal diet by adding a few foods at a time until you find the cause or go to an allergist for him/her to find the cause.
One of my favorite, immediate relief of symptoms of sinus congestion is the use of aromatherapy. A mixture of a few drops of lavender, eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils on a tissue and sniffed sometimes offer great, immediate relief, while waiting on sinus decongestants to kick in.
How to Relieve Sinus Pressure How to Relieve Sinus Pressure
Another favorite method is to inhale steam by bending over boiling water with a towel around your head to 'catch' the steam. These methods are not intended to replace normal medical care by your health care provider but to supplement their care or to provide relief until your next office visit.
- Good multi-vitamin/mineral supplement is also a good idea with additional vitamin C and vitamin A.
- See a health practitioner for other vitamin/mineral suggestions.
- Proper digestion and the elimination of stress(as much as possible) is also suggested.